Monday, November 28, 2005

Duke Cunningham

Not everyone is cut out for public office. Military heroism has little to do with this one way or the other. He did wrong. WAY wrong. Stupid wrong. But I still admire the guy. I genuinely hope the man pays his debt and bounces back. Clearly not in public service, but in his life. It's tough to feel bad for a guy who took millions of dollars in bribes in such a ham-fisted moronic manner. But I really do wish the best for him.

I don't know much about his politics but I've looked up to the man since I first heard of him when I was in high school. I hope people will some day remember the good things about him rather than this unpleasantness.

If you are unfamiliar with the story go check out Smash's post on the topic.

And Digital Brownshirt, with whom I almost always agree, has a decidedly different take than I.
I hope they throw his ass in prison for the rest of his life. He's a liar and a crook, and he abused his political position for financial gain. He's embarassed the Party. No mercy is deserved. I hope he dies penniless and locked in shackles.