Monday, February 06, 2006

Our bodies, ourselves.

I'm not the first to make the observation. The first place I remember seeing it was from Mr. Lileks. I might even be plagiarizing him because his writing does tend to stick in my mind. However, it bears repeating.

If there wasn't a war on. If 9-11 had never happened. If we had never decided to take down Saddam's regime. If the Taliban was still in power.

These people would still be protesting. They would be protesting with the same vehemence and sense of self-congratulation. They would have the same amount of sanctimony. They would be no less strident in their cause. They would just have signs relating to irradiated beef or Starbucks in schools or something else.

And I wanted an excuse to put a set of tits on the site. I just couldn't think of something to write next to Patricia Arquette.