Talk about life not being fair
Man falls to his death when sinkhole opens in middle of his house
That's right. The earth opened up and ate him. Out of the blue. Think about that the next time you are jogging or eating your rice cakes.
"It's unbelievable," Placer County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Dena Erwin said. "From the front of the house, it's absolutely normal. Then, in the middle of the house, is this enormous hole."
The victim, Jason Chellew, was on the ground floor at about 9:30 p.m. Friday when the concrete foundation near the kitchen gave way, Erwin said.
Chellew's wife, Pei-Hun Sun, who is pregnant with the couple's first child, was asleep in the bedroom at the time and escaped with no injuries. She called 911, Erwin said.
Rescuers had trouble reaching Chellew because the ground began to shift on Sunday, creating an unsafe situation for work crews.
UPDATE!!!! No one gets out alive!!!! (Well, a couple of people do.)
Man, son, neighbor swallowed by cesspool
I think Bush is to blame.
HUNTINGTON, N.Y. --A 71-year-old man who went outside in the rain to pick up the Sunday newspaper plunged into a cesspool in his front yard, and his son and neighbor were sucked in when they tried to help.
The victims escaped, two with the help of firefighters, covered in raw sewage but not badly hurt.
Andrew Palladino said the soggy ground, soaked by two days of rain, gave way outside his Long Island home: "I walked across the lawn, and all of a sudden I disappeared."
He yelled to his wife for help, and she threw a rope and called their son, Dan, who lives with them. The son said the scene "was like a horror picture."
A neighbor who heard the commotion ran over to help -- but the ground gave way again, swallowing him and the son. The neighbor crawled out and passers-by tried to hold onto the others until the Huntington Fire Department arrived.
Firefighters secured the ground, lassoed Palladino and his son and dragged them out.