Sunday, February 19, 2006

Don't marry a whore - explanation of absence.

I want to try to give an explanation for my absence.

About six months ago I discovered that my wife had been having multiple affairs over the past few years. If you are reading this you are online. There is a good chance that you are one of the people she was sleeping with.

Since the beginning of August of last year it has been just me and my six year old son living here. Each day before school I help him brush his teeth and wash his hair. I walk him to the bus every morning. We read books and play games together every night. HE's the person I see every day.

About two months ago "Mom" got some legal advice that she should try to fulfill her maternal role or she might have to pay child support.

Now, "Mom" suddenly wants custody.

If there is anyone out there wishing some advice about the effects of infidelity, I'm more than happy to lend an opinion.

P.J. O'Rourke once wrote, "When it comes to divorce, you must consider the children. Consider them valuable pawns in the massive economic and legal battle that is about to ensue."

Lord, do I wish that weren't so. There is no winning this fight. Only degrees of losing. And it's a six year old kid who is going to lose the most.