Tuesday, January 03, 2006

About Time This Fucker Gets His Comuppance


H/T: Rob at Say Anything, who treats this with a bit more seriousness than I.

Everyone remember the argument from the nineties that Joe Camel was actually the anti-Christ? This evil character is the one who made me start smoking. I had thought it was just poor decision making on my part, but selfless activists who make a meager living as attorneys showed me the light. It wasn't my fault at all. It was the ads.

Now thankfully, we are getting some of the same activism targeting the evil brewers of the world.

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Young adults as well as teenagers drink more under the influence of advertising for alcoholic beverages, researchers said on Monday.

A survey of young people aged 15 to 26 found that for each additional alcohol advertisement viewed per month, there followed a 1 percent rise in the average number of drinks consumed, said study author Leslie Snyder of the University of Connecticut in Storrs.

The study’s findings counter industry arguments that only adult drinkers heed alcohol advertising, Snyder wrote in the journal Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicines.

All I can say is about time! I want to have the price of beer double in ten years just like smokes have (thanks for your help in that Gov. Pawlenty). I knew it was somebody else's fault that in college I once drank twelve beers in forty-five minutes then threw up on my front lawn.

Thanks a lot, dicknose.