Monday, January 09, 2006

Holy Good Christ. Please Get Off My Side!

I started off wanting to do a post about how, yeah, Pat Robertson says some really stupid things, but at least the RNC didn't elect him Chairman.... ha ha ha.

I never really kept up with Reverend Beggingforalightningbolt. I just always sort of cringed and ignored the silly fop whenever I saw him on a cable news program and muttered to myself, "Get off my side." So I tried to do a little compare and contrast of Reverend Askingforit with Howard Dean. Not even close. Robertson is more aptly compared to Louis Farrakhan. The good Reverend needs to be confined. Or at least kept away from TV cameras. All I can say is that if this site has these quotes accurate (and they sound like things I remember hearing) Robertson should be avoided by anyone who wouldn't kiss Al Sharpton's ring.

I want to say again. I don't KNOW these quotes are genuine, but they certainly have the ring of truth in my ear. If they are accurate-

Really, Pat. GET THE FUCK OFF MY SIDE! Lots of us have been WAY too polite for WAY too long. GET THE FUCK AWAY from any argument that might possibly make people think I agree with you. If you are arguing in favor of gravity I want you to change your tune. If you are a Green Bay Packer fan I want you to find another team (not that it will be a sacrifice for you this season). Just please. Ronald Reagan said to never speak ill of other Republicans. He obviously never read some of the pencil-in-the-eye-to-keep-me-from-reading-any-more shit you have said. Get away from me. FAR AWAY.

Now.. here's why:
“I would warn Orlando that you’re right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don’t think I’d be waving those flags in God’s face if I were you, This is not a message of hate — this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It’ll bring about terrorist bombs; it’ll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor.” –Pat Robertson, on “gay days” at Disneyworld

Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It’s no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history.” –Pat Robertson
There are plenty more. I'm sure they are 'taken out of context'. But honestly... go read them all and try to imagine what bizarro world would have to exist for his words to make sense in ANY context.

Like I said at the top, I came into this hoping to make a comparison and take a cheap shot at Howard Dean and the DNC, who also are always deserving of derision. But Holy Shit, Pat. Get the fuck off my side.

Now go read the rest of Reverend Assmouth's proclamations at Poliburo Diktat.

** Just minutes later **
Please don't let me have been taken in again.